I thought this was a sac of flour so I snapped this picture. Actually, it was Aveeno oatmeal bath powder. A half pound was missing from the sac. The vet had me induce vomiting. A call to the company informed us that it was not toxic… now they tell me.
This handmade pottery bowl – signed & dated by the artist – was purchased in 1990 and has been sitting peacefully on my coffee table since I brought it home. That is until yesterday, when my cats were chasing each other through the house and one of them apparently thought the coffee table might make a nice launching pad. I heard the crash, went to investigate, and was passed in the hallway by two blurs of fur running for safety in the opposite direction. Then I found this.